Our Available Lessons
Patterns & Fabrics
You Will Learn:
In this class we have combined our Pattern Class and Fabric Class together in order to give a better understanding of how the two become incorporated. This class is open to anyone who already knows how to sew and is ready to begin working on projects or needs a refresher course on using patterns.
- How to pick out a pattern, learning the differences between brands.
- How to properly take yours (or someone else's) measurements.
- How to apply your measurements to a pattern ensuring a great fit.
- How to pick the proper fabric for a pattern.
- Learning the basic differences between weaves of fabrics.
- How to use the suggested pattern layout or "roadmap".
- Learn common terminology used in patterns.
- How to place pattern pieces "On Grain".
- What the markings and indicators on pattern pieces mean.
- How to pin and mark patterns properly.
- How to trace your pattern on fabric.
This 1.5 hour class is taught on Wednesdays at either 2 or 5:30pm, or Saturdays at 3:30pm.
***Registration is REQUIRED due to class sizes being limited.***
NOTE: This class is also offered as two seperate classes. Please call us for additional information.
The sky is (nearly) the limit on what we can help you learn! Here's a quick glimpse of the other classes we offer:
Basic Sewing Skills:
Our Basic Sewing Skills classes are individualized one-on-one classes lasting 1-hr. Each topic is its own class.
- Learning how to put in zippers
- How to make buttonholes
- How to do set-in sleeves
- The "hows" and "whys" of facings
- Difference types of hems and when to use each
- How to attach a collar with facing
Any of the following classes are available on request. This isn't a comprehensive list, just the most popular ones.
- How to make ties.
- How to make potholders.
- How to make scarves.
- How to make aprons.
- How to make curtains.
- How to make pillows.